Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Ding/Pbbbbttt Method..

Wow... I have a blog, do you remember that I have a blog? *laughs* I was chattering with a friend of mine in Second Life the other day and was trying to explain to him the glory that is my Ding/Pbbbtt Method. After explaining and much laughter on both sides, I was informed that he needed an Ahnya Encyclopedia to help explain these little things. I found an old post of mine on this blog and decided that it might be fun to try to explain it here.

I am a stubborn girl.. and I HATE being told that there is a right or a wrong way to do anything. After bashing my head against a wall enough times, I'll occasionally agree that there is one... but I just need to figure it out for myself. Over the years I have discovered a simpler method though, that doesn't leave me with a headache. I have also been told in the past that I am an old soul, whatever that means... and apparently this is an example of that.

When I first started really exploring religion, there were certain things that the pastors/ministers/teachers said that just totally made sense to me. It was like a bell going off in my head, ringing to draw my attention to say, Pay attention... this feels right! But then there were times when the same teachers told me something that made my head blow a mental raspberry... Pbbbtttt...

I started paying attention to this little internal barometer and have since then applied it to many other aspects of my life, usually with great success. Some people equate it to a bullshit meter that rates more than just bullshit. When I was younger, it was like a voice of wisdom reminding me of things that I already knew... and just didn't know that I knew. (That old soul thing, I guess) For me it's a comfort to be able to trust that inner voice, I can't always explain WHY it works... just that it does for me.

I think in the future, if the blogging bug bites again, that I'll try to explain some of the Dings that I have discovered in my life and see if anyone else agrees.

No comments: